Skip to main content

Renew an existing pass

Accessible travel

For more information see our accessible travel within Greater Manchester section.

Renew a concessionary pass from TfGM

To renew a National Concessionary Travel pass for older people or disabled people, issued by TfGM; or a Concessionary Plus pass for people with a serious disability, issued by TfGM:

  1. About four weeks before your pass runs out we'll send you a letter. You don't need to do anything before you get this letter.

  2. The letter gives you a 'renewal code'.

  3. Use this code, and the last four numbers on your current pass, to renew your pass online

The replacement pass is free.

The letter tells you other ways to renew, if you don't want to do it online.

If you have changed your address, since you got the pass, and haven't told us, phone 0161 244 1050.

If you want the letter another format, in braille, large print, or audio, phone 0161 244 1050.

Find out more about free travel passes for older people.

Find out more about free and low-cost travel passes for disabled people.

Find out more about accessible travel within Greater Manchester.

igo pass for 11 to 16 year olds

You do not need to renew an igo pass.

If you lose your igo pass you can apply for a replacement from TfGM by phoning 0161 244 1000. It costs £10 for a new pass.

Until you have a replacement pass you will have to pay higher fares for bus journeys in Greater Manchester.

Find out more about an igo pass

Renew a Scholar's pass

You can apply for a pass for the new academic year from mid-August.

You can renew a Scholars Pass by post, or through a TfGM Travelshop.

Download an application form or get one from a TfGM Travelshop.

Fill in the form and attach:

  • a passport-sized colour photo of yourself, with your school or college's stamp on the back
  • proof of your name and age – a copy (not original) of your birth certificate, adoption certificate, medical card, passport or EU/EEA card
  • a £5 cheque or postal order; you can also pay cash if you're applying at a TfGM Travelshop
  • a stamped self-addressed envelope if you're applying by post

Post everything to the address on the form, or take it into a TfGM Travelshop.

If you apply at a Travelshop, you can usually get the pass immediately, but occasionally they may be busy, in which case you can collect the pass there in five working days.

If you apply by post, your pass should come within two weeks.

Get more information about a Scholar’s Pass

Renew a free school pass

You should contact your local council about renewing your pass the old one runs out at the end of the school year.

Find out more about free school travel

Renew a railcard

You can renew your railcard when it's within one month of running out. Renew it online:

Renew another pass

To renew another type of pass, contact the relevant company: