Skip to main content

Walking difficulties

Do you qualify?

To qualify for this pass you must be a permanent resident of Greater Manchester and have serious walking difficulties. This means not being able to walk for 100m (110 yards) without stopping, severe discomfort, or help from another person.

If you receive:

  • Higher rate mobility component of Disability Living allowance; or
  • Personal Independence Payment (PIP). The award must be for at least 8 points or above in the “moving around” activity; or
  • War Pensioner’s Mobility Supplement

then please send the official letter which provides this information (dated within the last 12 months and showing the same name and address details as on your application form) to TfGM, along with the application form to the address below.

If you do not receive any of the above, please complete the questionnaire and return to TfGM along with the application form. This will then be assessed by TfGM's medical advisor and you may be asked to attend a brief assessment.

How to apply

  • Download an application form (PDF) XXMB and fill this in.
  • Download the questionnaire. (Not all applications require a questionnaire to be completed, you will be told if you need to complete a questionnaire when filling in the application form. A questionnaire is only required if you are not in receipt of one of the benefits listed above.)
  • Send the completed application form (and questionnaire if required) to:

Travel concessions
Customer services
Transport for Greater Manchester
PO box 429
M60 1HX

What happens after you have sent in your application

TfGM will review your application and will send you a pass if your application has been successful. If your pass has not been successful TfGM will contact you for further information or to explain why.