Wayfarer Terms & Conditions
- Your Wayfarer ticket must be shown on request to any conductor, driver, inspector, ticket collector or other authorised official.
- A Wayfarer ticket can only be used for travel on the date shown on the ticket.
- Wayfarer tickets are not transferable.
- The ticket can only be used on services provided by operators who participate in the scheme within the defined area in which the scheme operates.
- You can travel at any time of day on services run by bus companies participating in the Wayfarer scheme. Wayfarer can be used after 0930 on Metrolink tram services and standard class train services on weekdays and at any time at weekends and public holidays.
- Travel is subject to the passenger regulations and byelaws of Transport for Greater Manchester and the conditions of carriage that apply for the operators on whose services you travel.
- A Wayfarer ticket allows travel as follows:
a) An Adult Wayfarer ticket can be used by any person.
b) A Concession Wayfarer ticket can only be used by children age 5 to 15 (inclusive) and holders of English National Concessionary Travel Passes for people aged over 60 and disabled people. Proof of age or eligibility may be required for children.
c) A Group ticket allows travel for up to two adults and two children. Children must be aged under 16 and proof of age may be required.
- Misuse of the ticket may result in its withdrawal and legal proceedings being taken.
- These conditions are subject to change without notice.
Back to Wayfarer page