Lower fares for people aged over 16
Young People aged over 16 years
If you are aged 16 or over and have completed year 11 at school you can no longer travel for the concessionary fare on buses, trains and Metrolink trams in Greater Manchester. There are several options that you can consider:
If you are still in full time education
- you can have a Scholars Concessionary Permit which allows you to travel for half fare on journeys to and from school or college The permit does not allow the purchase of return or season products. Before you buy this product check out the Operators own tickets which often represent good value.
- if you are using more than one operator and are aged between 16 -21 you may wish to consider the System One Young Persons ticket which is available for 7, 28 days or on an annual basis
- if you only use one bus company contact them as they often have commercial products which represent good value for money
If you are not in full time education
- if you are using more than one operator you may wish to consider the System One Young Persons ticket
- consider what journeys you will be making and which companies operate these services as they often have commercial products which represent good value
Most System One tickets are available from TfGM Travelshops and local Paypoint outlets.